Saturday, April 12, 2014

Swirlydoos April Reveal and Blog Hop!

Welcome to:
April Scrapbook Kit Reveal & Blog Hop!

If you came here from Tracey's blog, then you are on the right track. If not, go back to Swirlydoos' blog and start from there. We have some amazing projects for you to see today !! Make sure to leave a comment on all of the blogs for a chance to win!!! Make sure you have LIKED & FOLLOWED Swirlydoos on Facebook!!!

Swirlydoos is proud to bring you our beautiful April collection:

Tiffany's



And check out these coordinating add ons that perfectly compliment our April scrapbook kit!




Are you a subscriber? If so, your kit is on it's way! If not, check out the Swirlydoos store to see if there are any April kits or add ons in the store!

Has it sold out? - become a subscriber and not only will you never miss a kit again, but you'll also pay less for your monthly scrapbook kits!
*Mention this blog hop and save 10% on your first kit*


 Never miss one of our kits again!


We have some absolutely beautiful scrapbook projects for you to see today !!  


Seriously, my heart just stopped when I first saw this paper collection from Authentique at the Winter CHA show. The colors speak to me. The designs on the papers are so classically gorgeous, and perfect in every way. Tiffany blue is my favorite color! Breakfast at Tiffany's is my FAVORITE classic movie EVER! So, I was thrilled that we were able to get this collection in a kit, not to mention the perfect timing of this paper release- it's amazing how many embellishments coordinate with this paper and theme!

"I Hope You Feel Beautiful Today" Altered Shadowbox 



I had a blast making this shadowbox tray! I think it's going to look quite fabulous in my bathroom. For this tray, I used items from the main and add on kits, including flowers that I made with the project add on this month that features the new Marion Smith Bloom Impressions tool. I am so impressed with myself because I NEVER make my own flowers, and I made both of these:




And, I have a video tutorial on how to EASILY make both of these flowers with some tips and tricks: 




"Oh What a Darling" Layout


This is my take on the sketch this month. Admittedly, my design took on a life of it's own! To me, this kit is perfect for "classic" looking designs, so this is the result. These pictures are of my daughter, Audra, who is actually named after Audrey Hepburn. I wanted something a little different and not as common as Audrey. :)

Everything on this page is from the Tiffany's collection with the exception of the title, which are Authentique diction, and some Thickers. 

"Hello" Card

So, this is my card I am submitting for the Swirlydoos Round Robin card challenge this month for week one. I was going for a heavily layered, shabby chic card. I used a Die~Namites die (Butterfly Frame) for the oval. It is one of my favorites!

"Supreme" Layout





Oh, how I love Audrey Hepburn! I've seen most, if not all of her movies. I came across this photo by Angus McBean while trying to find a good photo of this icon, and I found this, and KNEW this would be the perfect photo to pay tribute to my favorite actress!

I used the embossing powder and metallic paint to create that finish on the frame. I used a metal corner, butterfly, and pocket watch from my stash to complete the layout. 

Thanks for joining us for our blog hop today. I hope you found some inspiration!




You have until midnight, eastern time, on Sunday 4/13 to complete the hop. Winners will be announced on the Swirlydoos Blog on Monday 4/14. In order to qualify to win here is what you need to do:
1: Visit all of the blogs and leave a comment on each. This way we know you were there. Take your time. There are REALLY beautiful things to see along the way.
2: Before you leave each blog, look for the “special” words and write it down. 
Once you have visited all the blogs and collected all the special words, they will create a sentence. 
3: Finally, go back to the Swirlydoos blog and leave a comment letting us know how much fun you had, tell us the sentence that was created with all of the special words you collected. Can't wait to hear from you.


My special word is : POSSIBLE!


This concludes the blog hop! Please go back to the Swirlydoos blog and post the special phrase in the comments section for a chance to win one of our prizes!  


In case you missed any blogs, here is the list in order: 

Angelica http://angelicascrappenings.blogspot.com/

Paulien http://paulienvandenbosch.blogspot.com/

Authentique http://blog.authentiquepaper.com/

Irene http://scrapperlicious.blogspot.com/

Georgia http://startingtoscrap.blogspot.com/

Die-Namites http://www.die-namitesblog.com/

Tracey http://lifetimeofpages.blogspot.com/

Rae http://scrappingfancy.blogspot.com/

49 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Jaw dropping gorgeous, Rae! Love how you've blinded out your projects! You are a master at OTP!

ginger jarnagin said...

So Rae, first of all I wand to steal your daughter, she is too cute for words!!!!!!
And as usual your work is fantastic BTW - I got he same die as in your card because I saw it on your blog a little while back :)

Tracey Gregory said...

The perfect kit for you! I especially love your original take on the chandelier and that gorgous shadow box!

luv46kdz said...

Rae, I love your work! I watch all your tuts This kit is beautiful :) And hubby just gave me the thumbs up to join the club so I'm really excited :)

Paula

UTs Hobby Time said...

Such a terrific creation. I love how you have added the embellishments.. It has the perfect flow of pretty Nice way to use the dies.

Stopping by from Swirlydoos Blog Hop.

marylouh said...

The shadow box is beautiful. Love the bright blue flowers and the black corset. The triptych is so pretty. love the crown (you know who's queen). thanks for sharing.

Paulien van den Bosch said...

Dang girl, you did it again!!! I sooooo love every project you made with this kit. Amazing job!!!

MarĂ­lia Lopes said...

Amazing projects!!!!Love

Sulema Jimenez said...

I bookmarked this blog. Love everything. I will definitely come back to this blog when I get my April kit (my first kit from Swirlydoos...can't wait)

Merrihew said...

Everything is absolutely GORGEOUS! Love the shadow box! I can't wait to receive my flower tool so I can get started making some of these flowers!

Cheryl M said...

Rae, everything you create is so beautiful and inspiring. LOVE the altered shadowbox. I may have to make something similar for my own bathroom! Great idea! Off to watch your video!

L. Akins said...

Stunning projects! I love your frame on your last layout!

Maggi said...

Love what you did with the corset! Wonderful work!!

Sherrenae - Sherri said...

Out of this world gorgeous.

Kathleen White said...

I love Audrey Hepburn too! This is a fabulous pic of her and the layout is gorgeous!

Heather Thompson said...

these are all very awesome Rea, what a great hop!!! I loved it all.

Kelly Van den bosch said...

LOVE this shadowbox!!

Maria Harms said...

Gorgeous projects! Can't wait to watch the flower tutorial.

Lynn Good said...

Awesome shadow box! Your layouts are fabulous...off to watch the video

ionabunny said...

Fantastic projects. Love the shadow box

Kim said...

Amazingly stunning projects.

Sue Kendrick said...

Rae, I love your work. Thanks for the video!

loulou said...

Stunning creations. This kit has such beautiful colours and elements. I love your gorgeous crepe paper flowers. Thank you for the video

samboscraftart said...

Gorgeous! You had me saying, "now, why didn't I think of that?!" when I saw that lovely chandelier cut in half (now I can use it twice!). Beautiful work!!

Graphicat said...

My goodness! That painters tray is Devine! I had decided that would be my favorite right away....till I saw your Supreme layout...OMG! Stunning! I'm in love with it all!!!
Hugs
Cheri

cghundley said...

Gorgeous creations
here. So very pretty.
Carla from Utah

Buffy Esser-Burnside said...

Oh my Goodness I love love the altered shadow box! Beautiful projects!

Misha McClain said...

Oh that altered box, so cute! I wish you would mail it straight to my house! You take the cake for this kit, such gorgeous projects!

Sarah Lynch said...

Your creations this month are amazing...I love the shadowbox and everything else you've made. I love how you have designed everything with this month's kit and beautiful colors!

Beatrice Lawson said...

Oh wow! The Darling layout is amazing, and your little girl is adorable beyond words. Loved the fabulous card, that lace banner was great and I think your flowers are stunning. In fact as I was looking at them before reading I was wondering where you got them!

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

What a fantastic shadowbox; and your card is so pretty. Loving your page. I really like the theme blues and black in your creations, so soothing. Thank you for sharing your flower tutorial - such fabulous blooms.
Hugs xx

Colleen said...

What a fun shadowbox. Thanks for providing a tut for the flower.

Debbie L Gregory said...

Beautiful layouts. I love the black and white with the Tiffany blue. Absolutely stunning. So much amazing inspiration this month.

Melissa S. said...

Oh my goodness. I love every one of these. How beautiful is your work, I will be back to visit again.

Margaret Lewis said...

Great layouts. I absolutely love that bustier!

Kimberly said...

I love your shadow box! It will look beautiful in your bathroom. Thanks for the tutorial on the flowers! I am going to come back & watch it again.

Leona Folkerts said...

stunning as always! Rae, you are so talented!

Barbara J. said...

Rae, you always amaze me with your work. I just know that you are not offended when I use your ideas.

Jean Bullock said...

Fantastic work. I love them all but I am especially impressed with the Audrey Hepburn layout. I think you have captured her "royal" aura. I know she wasn't from a royal family but she always seemed like a beautiful queen to me. Great job.

Emily C said...

These are all stunning. I cant pick a favorite. Thank you for the flower tut link.

Peggy said...

Dang, I love that shadowbox!!!!! AND your Audra page (such a cute photo) AND you card; the phone resin is such a great idea!!!!!

on a good day said...

I am constantly amazed by the lovely works of art you and the other women create! Thanks for helping us get inspired too!

Robin B. said...

Your projects are absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors and layering. Thanks for sharing.

mari said...

thaanks for the tutorial

lynda said...

I enjoyed your projects!

Jean said...

Beautiful

Jean said...

Beautiful

Nancy Carroll said...

Wow, all were so stunning, the altered shadow box was sooo much fun!

Dangina Martinez said...

You were right. That is a perfect picture. Love your designs. Thank you for the inspiration.