Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Welcome to Swirlydoos' November Kit Reveal Blog Hop Block Party!!

If you came here from Amy's blog, then you are on the right track. If not, go back to Swirlydoos' blog and start from there. We have some amazing projects for you to see today!! Make sure to leave a comment on all of the blogs for a chance to win!!! Check out Swirlydoos on Facebook and Like Us!!!

Are you a subscriber? If so, your kit is on it's way! If not, check out the Swirlydoos store to see if there are any November kits or add ons in the store!


Presenting Autumn Rose!


When I saw this paper, I fell in LOVE with it. It's so perfect for sophisticated, feminine projects. I immediately knew I would scrap the pics from a photo shoot some of the Swirly Girls did at Swirly Camp this past summer. So far, I have two done, but plan to do more!

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" Layout

This is my layout I made based on the sketch:


So, this is a pic of me and fellow Swirly Girl, Kim. It looks like we are up to no good, huh? Well, there was a little plaque that had the saying, "Well behaved women rarely make history" at the retreat, and I knew that just had to be the title of this layout! I used a faux stitching technique for the border. The butterflies are from Angelica's Etsy shop.

"True Beauty" Layout



The lovely lady in this pic is fellow Swirly Girl, Sherri. Sherri is a wonderful person inside and out. I treasure the time I get to spend with her at Swirly Camp! We had such a great time with our photo shoot, and this is one of my favorite pics taken that day!

I went flower crazy on this layout- I love the look of the flowers on the paper peeking out underneath the actual flower son the page because it creates such fantastic dimension. The vine, butterflies and pins are Angelica's Etsy shop. 

Christmas Cards Project Add On

Getting your Christmas cards made early is wonderful, and this year, we decided it would nice to help you get a jump on them by offering a card add on in November. The card toppers from Hot off the Press are perfect for creating beautiful cards in a snap! 

Here are a few I did:




And, just to show you how simple they are to make in minutes, here's a video that I made on how to make the cards above. 

You have until midnight, eastern time, on Wednesday 11/6 to complete the hop. Winners will be announced on the Swirlydoos Blog on Thursday 11/7. In order to qualify to win here is what you need to do:
1: Visit all of the blogs and leave a comment on each. This way we know you were there. Become a follower if you're not already. Take your time. There are REALLY beautiful things to see along the way.
2: Before you leave each blog, look for the “special” words and write it down. 
Once you have visited all the blogs and collected all the special words, they will create a sentence. 
3: Finally, go back to the Swirlydoos blog and leave a comment letting us know how much fun you had, tell us the sentence that was created with all of the special words you collected. Can't wait to hear from you.


My special word is : OF


The party continues over at Heidi's blog. Have fun!


43 comments:

Paulien van den Bosch said...

I love your pages so much and your cards are OMG Gorgeous!!!!!!
I'm going to watch the vid in a moment. I always love to watch your video's.

Monica said...

Beautiful pages, Rae! And I love what you created with the tech add-on!!

Emmy said...

Beautiful pages! Thank you for the inspiration!

Carrie Sedlack said...

Blog hopping

cghundley said...

Lovely work and
wonderful Christmas
cards!
Carla from Utah

Merrihew said...

Everything is just gorgeous! The kit is perfect for those photos and the Christmas card are stunning!

berlykim37 said...

great cards and fun layout.

Kathleen White said...

Lots of lovely eye candy on these beautiful layouts!

Diana Rodriguez said...

LOVE

Jette W said...

Gorgeous layouts and great cards :)

Cherene said...

The flowers in this kit are just stunning

Leona Folkerts said...

cute cards and beautiful layouts!

L. Akins said...

Amazing work this month. You truly did wonders with the kits.

ginger jarnagin said...

I am getting the Christmas card kit, so I can't wait to watch your video and start making my cards. YAY!!!

langeatheart said...

Beautiful pages! Can't wait to come back and watch the video! All the best! :)
http://mybeaner.blogspot.ca/
Already a follower of course!

Kim said...

Love the layouts. That pic of Sherri is one of my favorites too. Your cards came out so pretty.

Amarilys said...

amazing layouts Rae! and those cards are gorgeous!

Nicole Doiron said...

Gorgeous!!!! Those Christmas cards - so beautiful and i just LOVE your layout based on the sketch! Great work!

Peggy said...

Beautiful projects!

Lynne said...

Love your layouts and cards. Will be back to take a look at your video.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wonderful job with the kit, Rae!

Joni said...

Love the cards-cant wait to watch the video

Beatrice Lawson said...

Wow - your cards are stuning - and that layout with Kim is bold and gutsy and powerful. Love it!!

Sherrenae - Sherri said...

This kit is truly a fav of mine. Thanks also for the sweet comments, I love my yearly face to face with all the wonderful swirly girls.

Wendy said...

Very, very pretty! The details are wonderful!!

MZule said...

Girl! Your first LO is super sassy! Gorgeous work as always Rae!

Hanne said...

Gorgeous pages and lovely cards.

Brandi Matos said...

This kit is so beautiful and you showcased it PERFECTLY!!! Your layouts are STUNNING and your cards are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! VERY well done :-)

Thanks for the chance to win!!!
P.S. I am a new follower :-)

Dana Norris said...

Your layouts and your cards are so beautiful and inspiring!

savyjade said...

I have to say that you are incredibly talented. Each project was stunning. Thank you for giving us all so many fabulous ideas for this months kit.

Ella said...

Love love the post cards!

MORMOR said...

Gorgeous work, Rae. I love what you did with the cards.

Виктория Азарова said...

Рада знакомству! Яркие работы!

Lolô Artesanato said...

I'm in love with your projects
they are amazing
xx
Leila

keast said...

Incredible Layouts!

Erica Ortiz said...

Wow, as always your creations are awesome! Beautifully made!

Amante del Papel said...

OMG, I LOVE THE POST CARD, THERE ARE AMAZING!!!!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Love the pages and that quote is one of my all time favorites and it's SO SO true! Love the pics of your DT peeps too!

Thanks so much for the cards too and your video!

Sharon said...

Love your work. Beautiful.

Jean said...

Gorgeous!

Vicky Alberto said...

so darn gorgeous!

Susan Salyer said...

oh wow I love them all. especially the vintage post cards. how cool to have your fellow DT's in the beautiful work.The product is just gorgeous as is the art.
susan s

Itsybel said...

beautiful pages