Saturday, October 5, 2013

Welcome to Swirlydoos' October Kit Reveal Blog Hop Block Party!!

If you came here from Lumin'arte's blog, then you are on the right track. If not, go back to Swirlydoos' blog and start from there. We have some amazing projects for you to see today !! Make sure to leave a comment on all of the blogs for a chance to win!!! Check out Swirlydoos on Facebook and Like Us!!!

Our October collection is simply TO DIE FOR! I LOVE the colors- perfect for end-of-summer and fall layouts alike. I just adore getting Swirlydoos kits because I can always expect to get the latest and greatest in the scrappy world! Take a gander at the collection below:

If you are a subscriber, your kit is either in your hands or on it's way to your doorstep! If not, check the Boutique to see if you can snag a main kit and the add ons! 


I jumped right in with this kit as I always do, using our fabulous monthly sketch:

"Fly" Layout
 As soon as I got my hands on this kit, I knew I had to use the Kaisercraft Basecoat paper. I just can't get enough of these wood prints! I cut three strips, distressed them, and glued them to the fabulous polka dot paper. I also used many of the "noteworthy" die cuts from the embellishment add on for most of the other layers.


"Hopes and Dreams" Dresser

Ever since I saw the Kaisercraft Curiosity line, I've been dying to get it! I was so happy when Krissy decided to pair that with the brand new "Mini Tall Boy" off the page project! Here's what I came up with:




That mini bell jar or clioche is from my stash. It's made by Melissa Frances. I bought a bunch of these for cheap at an expo, and I just new I had to put one on the dresser.

The lace is also from my stash. I cut part of it so the top drawer would still be functional.


The ivy is a Cottage Cut die. I used white cardstock from the cardstock add on, and colored it with Perfect Pearls Mist and Lindy's Magical Micas in sea green, then put on some moss green Paper Soft on the edges.


I used the Prima gate stencil on the back. 


Check out my video I made while assembling and adorning this dresser:


I hope you have enjoyed seeing what our design team did with this kit! Thanks for hopping along with us!



You have until midnight, eastern time, on 10/5 to complete the hop. Winners will be announced on the Swirlydoos Blog on Sunday 10/6. In order to qualify to win here is what you need to do:
1: Visit all of the blogs and leave a comment on each. This way we know you were there. Become a follower if you're not already. Take your time. There are REALLY beautiful things to see along the way.
2: Before you leave each blog, look for the “special” words and write it down. 
Once you have visited all the blogs and collected all the special words, they will create a sentence. 
3: Finally, go back to the Swirlydoos blog and leave a comment letting us know how much fun you had, tell us the sentence that was created with all of the special words you collected. Can't wait to hear from you.


My special word is : watching


Now go back to the Swirlydoos blog to comment with the phrase of the special words, and let us know what you think about the hop! Thank you!!!!!!!!





Here is the order and blog addresses:

Swirlydoos: CLICK HERE
Paulien: CLICK HERE
Heidi: CLICK HERE
Angelica: CLICK HERE 
Andie: CLICK HERE 
Irene: CLICK HERE
Robin: CLICK HERE
Petaloo: CLICK HERE
Amy: CLICK HERE
Luminarte: CLICK HERE
Rae: CLICK HERE

41 comments:

Buffy Esser-Burnside said...

wow your mini tall boy is fabulous! thank you so much for sharing!

Paulien van den Bosch said...

OMW honey.... I so love your Beautiful sketch page. Your Technique-kit project: OMG... It is to die for!!! So incredible BEAUTIFUL. I love it!!!!!!

Nicole Doiron said...

Gorgeous creations! Your dresser is just too beautiful! So many awesome details! Thanks for the inspiration!

Hanne said...

Gorgeous projects!

Стокли said...

What a beautiful Dresser!

Merrihew said...

Rae, that little dresser is soooo Gorgeous! Can't wait to get this kit!

Leona Folkerts said...

the dresser is wonderful! the fly layout beautiful as well.

Jeanann said...

Wow!! I love your projects but my favorite is the mini dresser its AMAZING! Thank you so much for the inspiration.

Stephanie said...

Love your sketch layout Rae and the dresser turned out gorgeous!

Regina Hamilton said...

Great layout. I just LOVE the tech kit project.

MARCH said...

très jolies créations , merci pour le partage

langeatheart said...

Wow your mini dresser is stunning! The amount of work that must have gone into it I can't imagine! I am already a follower! All the best!
http://mybeaner.blogspot.ca/ Please pop over sometime. I am having a giveaway for a very special little girl! :)

Katyoparty said...

Rae you really kicked ass on this tall boy--my fav part is the stencil on the back and the topiary--very cool!

Debbie said...

Your tall boy is so gorgeous, love it...

Gerry said...

beautiful.

Kim said...

Love your take in the sketch. That mini tall boy....speechless!

Emmy said...

WOW! So much gorgeousness! Love all of your projects!

ginger jarnagin said...

Oh Rae - you never ever disappoint. The LO is great, the tall boy. Still kicking myself for not getting it. I am in awe of you!!!!

Sarah Lynch said...

Stunning layout and dresser! I love the way it looks like your wood paper is nailed like a floor ~ so cool! And the dresser is precious!

Joni said...

Beautiful work on the dresser

Joni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
L. Akins said...

Wow... Love your work!!! Gorgeous dresser!!

Amarilys said...

gorgeous altered mini tall boy Rae! I also love your take on the sketch!

Debbie L Gregory said...

Beautiful layout, love the soft color on your daughters photo, and your dresser, WOW, IT IS GORGEOUS! The trailing ivy looks real. Just stunning!

Patti Katai said...

I love you mini tall boy! It is the cutest thing ever! Thanks for sharing!

Rea' said...

OMG just so beautiful, love your layout, the details, the little banner cluster and the flowers, the color combo is fabulous !

Lisa Reynolds said...

Your mini tall boy is awesome! Thanks for all the tutorials.

Jacqueline Smith said...

Love your beautiful projects!! Fabulous!

Lynn Good said...

Wow your work is always so beautiful. Thanks for sharing

Vicky Alberto said...

you really worked your magic - gorgeous!!!

Brandi Matos said...

You've created some truly beautiful pieces here!!! Wonderful job using the kit :-)

p.s. I am a new follower :-)

Lynne J said...

Gorgeous projects-love the dresser and that ivy die-I think I definitely NEED to get my hands on that one1 Have a great day... :)

Beatrice Lawson said...

The dresser is so dreamy!

MZule said...

Amazing Rae! Love it all!

paperpapier said...

beautiful altered mini dresser, love the elements added to it!

LindaSS said...

Love Your dresser...

Scrapalex37 said...

I love the dresser ! Thanks for this blog hop.

Karien said...

That dresser is awesome!!!!

Ilana Eisenhart said...

I love your projects. The flowers under the bell jar remind me of Disney's Beauty and the Beast. Beautiful!

Kimberly said...

Absolutely Stunning!!! I love how your dresser turned out!!!

Andiepants said...

The dresser is gorgeous but I have to say...you rocked the sketch honey. I love the lace border up top. Just phenomenal.